Erin Clark // @eeclark3
Third year medical student and up-and-coming runner all in one! Erin played collegiate lacrosse for Cal Poly where she was team captain, all-league midfielder, and voted Most Inspirational Player. She picked up running after graduating in 2015 and in this year alone has set PR’s in everything from the mile to the 50k! Having just started working with a coach one year ago, Erin is a perfect example of what can happen when the right support is in place. We are excited to watch her grow into her potential! Erin has goals to qualify for the US Olympic Trials in the marathon, and she keeps getting closer each time she races. In her most recent Boston Marathon, Erin battled through the inclement weather to cross the line in a time of 3:01.
Fun Fact: during her senior lacrosse season, Erin got the most yellow cards of any player in the league!
- Top 100 female in the 2018 Boston Marathon
- 2016 & 2017 Mill Chill 4-Mile Winner
- 5th at the 2016 City of Oaks Half Marathon
- 2nd at the 2018 Wrightsville Beach Half Marathon
- Oiselle Voleé Team Member
Andie Cozzarelli // @run4acozz
Former engineer turned real estate appraiser, Andie is a semi-professional distance runner for Oiselle (Haute Volee Elite Athlete), Jasyoga, InsideTracker, and Generation UCAN. In 2015, Andie set big PR’s in the half marathon (1:12:50) to qualify for the 2016 US Olympic Trials Marathon. In 2016 she also won her debut marathon at the Indy Monumental Marathon in a time of 2:38:47. This year she made a big career change to further pursue her passion for running and her stewardship within the Raleigh running community. In the fall, Andie will be back racing the Indy Monumental Marathon in Indianapolis. Her big goal is to snag the A-Standard for the 2020 Olympic Trials Marathon.
Fun Fact: Andie used to eat fruity pebbles before every race and never misses a meal.
- 2016 Olympic Trials Qualifier
- 2016 Winner of the Indy Monumental Marathon
- Inducted into Apex High School’s Hall of Fame
- 2015 USATF-NC Long Distance Series Champion
- 2x10k All-American in collegiate running at NC State
- 2012 Female Athlete of the Year at NC State
Rita Dorry // @rita_b_dorry
Wannabe collegiate baller who left the sport after a sidelining injury, turned to running while in college and kept it going to minimize stress while in law school. Rita is currently rising the ranks with an impressive number of career wins in local triangle races. With a preference for long distance, Rita is focusing on the marathon and has a goal of qualifying for the US Olympic Trials Marathon in 2020. We think the Raleigh Distance Project is just what Rita needs to reach to the next level!
Fun Fact: She won the Krispy Kreme Challenge by eating 12 doughnuts & running 5 miles under 37 minutes.
- 2017 Keep Raleigh Independent Winner
- 2017 Holden Beach Half Winner
- 3 time SAS 5K Champ
- 4 time Cary Road Race 10k Champ
- 4th Female Rock n Roll Raleigh 13.1
Sammy George // @sammyxc1994
Sammy graduated from NC State in the spring of 2017 after a successful collegiate career. Sammy is an inspiration for us all and a great role model for runners of all ages. A local star, Sammy grew up in Raleigh and made a name for herself as a top performer with 4 State titles in the 1600. While at NC State, she furthered her success with a 5k PR of 15:51 and the 5th fastest 1500m time in school history. Sammy is just getting started in her post-collegiate campaign where she plans to focus on indoor and outdoor track in the 1500 and 5k. Her goals include qualifying to the US National Track and Field Championships and in 2020 to qualify for the Olympic trials in the 5k.
Fun Fact: Sammy is currently studying to become a certified Health Coach.
- All American and school record holder in the DMR
- 5x All-ACC
- Top 5 1500 time in NC State’s history (4:16:46)
- Key runner in NC State’s 15th place finish at the NCAA Cross Country National Championships
- 2015 Regional Qualifier in the 1500 & 5k
- Winner of the Jailbreak 5k and Music City Distance Carnival 5000m in spring 2018
Sarah Rapp // @rapperr
Sarah is a jack of all trades and our wonder woman. She recently accepted a full-time position as Social Media Specialist for the Raleigh Police Department and is the running idol of many in the Triangle area. Sarah is a graduate of Virginia Tech where she was the 2014 ACC Champ in the 5k. Post collegiately, she ran for Adidas Team Green Running in Houston before returning to her hometown in Raleigh. Her fun-loving spirit brought her to a top 10 finish at the Peachtree 10k in 2016, followed by a win in her debut half-marathon. Soon after, she placed top 10 at the USATF Half Marathon Championships in 2017. Sarah raced at the Club Cross Country Championships in 2017 placing 11th (just 2 spots off making the world team!).
Fun Fact: Sarah is an experienced mascot, who has worked for several companies throughout college including Chick-fil-a.
- 9th at the 2017 US Half-Marathon Championships
- 1st at the Tobacco Road Half Marathon 2017
- 10th at the 2016 Peachtree 10k road race
- Ran in the 2017 Sir Walter Miler elite section
- 2014 ACC 5k Champ
- Multiple All-ACC Performances while at Virginia Tech
Tristin Van Ord // @tristinvanord
Our mountaineer from Appalachian State University, Tristin gave up her early soccer career to become a runner and it paid off. She may be a native of Chapel Hill, NC but we’ve put that aside because this girl kicks butt. While at App State she was named female athlete of the year and was nominated for 2017 NCAA Woman of the year. She holds the 10k record at App State and was a 9x Sun Belt Conference Champ in multiple events including the 3k, 5k, & 10k. She started her post-collegiate season with a 10-mile road race (her first and longest road race) and placed as the 3rd American finisher and top 10 overall. Tristin competed in the 2018 USATF half marathon championships for her second half marathon ever and crossed the line in 12th place overall with a time of 1:15:44.
Fun Fact: She's obsessed with her Australian Shepherd pup and loves bluegrass music, but not country pop.
- 3x NCAA Preliminary Track & Field East Regional Qualifier
- All Region in the NCAA Southeast XC Championships in 2015 & 2016
- 9x Sun Belt Conference Individual Champion in events including 3k, 5k & 10k
- Appalachian State Female Athlete of the Year in 2016
- 3rd American and 9th overall at the Genworth VA 10-miler
- 12th overall at USATF Half Marathon Championships in 2018